First Week In Lyon

So for the next 6 months I will actually be posting from Lyon, as I am on an exchange program right now. While I would love to document every outfit I wear here, I don't have a ton of clothing so that would be a little hard. However I will try to include a couple photos of Lyon each time I post.

So far, It has been a truly incredible experience. I have been here for a little over a week now, but I am definitely having some trouble fitting in. Culture shock is so real. I didn't think I would have too much trouble because I had been to Europe before, but England and Ireland are very different from France. The main issue is the intense language barrier. I did not realize how little French I spoke until I arrived. And I also speak very formal French, making what I do know sound out of place, and not relative to what people are actually saying. It has been pretty hard.

There is also the matter of eating. I like to eat dinner around 6:30- 7 pm, which is really very early to the French. Today we went for dinner, and didn't even receive the full menu because we were too early. It was 7 pm. 

But the question of culture shock behind, Lyon is a truly beautiful city, and I cannot wait to live here. There is so much history, and the town is filled with so many Catholic Treasures. It is an experience of a life-time, and I plan on making the most of it!

 Now onto some pictures
For my outfit, I am wearing my favourite Abercrombie and Fitch skirt and Blue collard blouse. To keep me warm I added my black leather jacket from Forever 21, some sheer black stockings, and My new boots from Born. (They were my mothers, but my beloved Chelsea boots got a whole in them right before I left, and my mum very kindly gave me these to replace them.)


The pictures above and below are of the Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere.






The most Sacred Heart of Jesus



One of the Iconic lions guarding Lyon


Comments

Popular Posts